Friday, August 3, 2012

Chalk Paint Nightstand Redo, Part 2

Hello again!  I'm back with part 2 of my nightstand redo for you guys!  After the less than stellar results I got from my first finishing attempt:

I repainted her grey and then use some trusty medium-grit sanding blocks to lightly distress in strategic spots.  I think my main complaint with refinish #1 is that it's really overdone, so I used a much lighter touch this time around.  Here's the final product of finish #2!


Isn't that so much better than the zebra-rific version?  I gave the whole thing 1 coat of wax and then added another to the top just for extra protection.  The knobs are the ones we put on there several years ago and I'm not totally crazy about them, but they'll do for now.  I think I may replace them with some clear glass ones, or maybe some of those super cute melon shaped ceramic ones.  Decisions, decisions. 

This nightstand is actually my husband's (and no, he doesn't usually have a fancy teacup, teapot, antique book and linen napkin on there; those were just to make it look perty), but I'll be working on my own this evening.  The chalk paint is amazingly easy to work with and it makes a whole project go so much more quickly.  I love it!  I know exactly what I'll be asking for for Christmas.  Hope you have a lovely weekend!  And here's just one more shot before I go:




No comments:

Post a Comment