Thursday, August 9, 2012

Crafty bucket storage

Happy Friday!  Hope your week has been tremendous.

I just have a quick little project to share today.  I saw this fabulous idea on Pinterest and decided I just had to do in Lily's room.

                                                                            Source: shanty-2-chic.com via Anna on Pinterest


I didn't have any wall hooks like that lying around, so I decided to just use nails and a piece of scrap lumber to make my version.  The only thing I bought for this project was the 3 buckets, which were $1 each at Target.  Since I liked the color already, I didn't even need to bother with spray paint.  Score!

One of our neighbors down the street is constantly throwing out fairly sizable stacks of scrap wood, and I've been eyeing those stacks for months.  I finally broke down a few weeks ago and walked right on down the street with my kids' wagon and filled 'er up with lumber.  No shame!  Stephen watched me through his office window and was very perplexed about what in the world I was doing with the wagon sans children.  Well, that dumpster diving excursion paid off, honey!  Be happy that I'm so resourceful (and that I embrace your cheapness philosophy).

I had originally planned to just paint the wood white and leave it at that, but here's what I ended up with.


Isn't that great?!  I totally love how it turned out!  The buckets were just such a sweet yellow, and I thought a charcoal grey chevron stripe would really set them off.  What do you think?  I just used painters tape to create the stripes, then mixed up some of my acrylics till I found the right shade of grey.


I love them, and so do Lily and James.  Project grand total: $3.  Stephen's just pleased that I finally finished one of my Pinterest-inspired projects! :)

1 comment:

  1. Very cute Anna. That grey chevron and yellow are so popular right now. Thank you for stopping by my blog. Glad you enjoyed the Amish bread. Becoming a follower via GFC to keep up on your great ideas!

    Melissa

    ReplyDelete